Examples of known triggers include:
- Foods allergies
- Intestinal parasites.
- Extreme temperatures like sunlight exposure, changes in temperature, exercise.
- Pet hairs, dust mites, pollen.
- Cockroaches and cockroach waste.
- Some plants, including nettles, poison ivy, and poison oak.
- Insect bites and stings.
- Some chemicals, latex.
- Chronic illness, high body temperature or medication.
Other predisposing/Promoting causes are:
- Excess intake of salty and pungent food.
- Eating large amounts of sour gruel's.
- Excessive intake of mustard.
- Exposure to cold wind or contact of cold substances.
- Day sleep.
- Suppression of vomiting re-flux.
According to Ayurveda, Health is defined by the balance of three elements in our body: vata, pitta and kapha. The above causative factors lead to impairment of digestion and aggravation of pitta resulting in accumulation of toxins(ama). Ama spread to all parts of the body and accumulate in the body’s external surface (beneath the skin), eventually producing reddish rashes characterized by intense itching & pricking sensation. A condition resembling Urticarial rashes, tends to be manifested. In ayurveda it is known as Sheet-Pitta.