Treatment protocol aims at:
- Reduce the pain and inflammation of the tonsils.
- Boost the immunity of the body and make the tonsils fight with a pathogen without undergoing an inflamed stage.
- Rejuvenate the whole body and prevent further infection.
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol.
- Swollen inflamed tonsils give pain in the throat and also block the passage of the throat that results in difficulty in swallowing and sore throat. Tribhuvan kirti rasa, Sudarshan churna will reduce the inflammation and pain.
- Sitopaladi churna, Tankana, Surasa are very good for boosting immunity of the body and preventing further infection.
- Heal the white patches in the throat and also give relief from sore throat with Yashtimadhu by healing and repairing the tissue.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other Therapies: Gandusha (holding medicated liquid in the mouth ), Steam therapy or swedana.