Treatment protocol aims at:
- Relief from all stress related symptoms.
- Preventing and reducing the complication of stress by calming down the nervous system.
- Rejuvenating the whole body and preventing further attack.
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol
- Anger, irritability, anxiety, sad, difficulty focusing or remembering, sleep disturbances, overeating/undereating - When stress occurs longer it starts affecting the psychological health and the overall health, also directly implicating the appetite and sleep Jatamansi, Mauktik bhasma, Mandukaparni and Brahmi will help to manage all stress related symptoms, improves learning and eases depression.
- Drug abuse, use of tobacco and alcohol, social withdrawel - Individuals suffering from high levels of stress may incline to substance abuse as a method of managing stress. While it may provide a temporary relief from stress, in the long run, substance abuse actually makes stress more pronounced and leads to physical and emotional health issues as well as behavioral and social concerns including social withdrawal
- Fatigue/tiredness or sleepiness - Sleep deprivation and other symptoms will result in fatigue and sleepiness. Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Suvarna makshika will help manage stress, boost brain function and strengthen the body.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other therapies - Virecana (Purgation) , Abhyanga (body massage), Padabhyanga (foot massage), shiroabhyanga (head massage) with medicated oils. Shirodhara (Pouring medicated liquids ( (milk/ water/ oils ) on head medicated liquids
Pichu ( application of cotton soaked with medicated oil over head , Takra dhara (Pouring medicated buttermilk all over body ).