Treatment protocol aims at :
- Relief from pain ,numbness and weakness
- Prevent progression of disease.
- Strengthen muscle and relax the nerve and Rejuvenate the whole body.
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol.
- Low back pain and radiating pain from low back to toe ,weakness, numbness - Irritated,compressed and inflamed sciatic nerves produce pain along the path of the nerve. Ashwagandha, Punarnava provides strength to the back muscles, spine and the ligaments. It also reduces the inflammation and irritation in sciatic nerves and acts as a natural Rejuvenator which provides nutrition and strength to the tissues, especially bones and muscles. It balances Vata dosha.
- Guggulu, Mahayogaraja guggulu, Rasna, Gokshura, Eranda are powerful pain allevaters that help to pacify vata dosha in joints, muscles and nerves. It helps in improving immunity and also regulates metabolism of the body and eliminates toxins and waste products from the body.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other therapies - Abhyanga(oil massage), Basti (enema), Kati Basti (An external Ayurvedic treatment of localized application of medicated oil used in a particular region on the back), Virechana/Purgation therapy (cleaning digestive tract and purifies blood), Vasti (enema), Shashtika shali pinda sweda (a type of fomentation), Lepa (therapy wherein paste of drug is applied to the affected part).