Treatment protocol aims at:
- Treating inflammation of the nasal mucosa.
- Prevent recurrence by balancing the immune response.
- Regular intake of supplements can help in long term relief and rejuvenating the body.
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol.
When in contact with an allergen or virus, the body starts producing a chemical, Histamine. Histamine results in production of mucus to combat the infection/allergies resulting in an itchy, runny,stuffy nose, watery eyes and sneezing.
The excess mucus from the nasal cavity drips down the back of the throat causing post-nasal drip, it irritates the throat causing Cough. When inflammation increases and raise the body temperature stimulating the immune response resulting in Fever
- Guduchi, Tankan bhasma will help to treat the inflammation and Surasa is very helpful in conditions like loss of smell and it is an excellent drug for all respiratory system diseases. Yashtimadhu helps to heal and repair the tissue, also clear the nasal cavity.
- Sitopaladi churna,Vasa, Sudarshan churna, Lakshmi Vilasa rasa Karkatashrngi are effective in cough by clearing mucus and also helps to boost immunity. It also helps relieve from fatigue and gives strength to the body
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other therapies like - Nasyam, Lepanam, Thalam, Vamanam, Shirodhara are commonly practiced depending on the dosha predominance and severity.