Treatment protocol aims at:
- Reduce the size of the prostate and relax the bladder.
- Prevent recurrence by resuming hormone balance.
- Improving urinary system function and overall health of the body.
The prostate is a walnut-sized gland located between the bladder and the penis. The urethra runs through the center of the prostate, from the bladder to the penis, letting urine flow out of the body. If the prostate becomes enlarged, it can place pressure on the bladder and the urethra causing the above symptoms,
- Varuna treats BPH by reducing prostate weight. It improves the urinary flow rate by reducing post-void residual urine.
- Gokshura , Gokshuradi guggulu helps to maintain regular urine flow, stops dribbling after urination, helps to control urgency of urine as well as gives strength to the genitor-urinary system.
- Shilajit, Chandraprabha Vati and Kamadudha are used for burning sensation during micturation, incontinence in urine resulting from the enlarged prostate or stone in the bladder or kidney.
- Punarnave and Ashwagandha helps to maintain the normal hormonal balance and prevent recurrence.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other Therapies - Virechana/Purgation therapy (cleaning digestive tract and purifies blood), Yoni dhavana/Seka - cleaning vagianal area using medicated water.