Treatment protocol aims at
- Enhance the calcium deposition in bone.
- Strengthen the bone and whole body.
- Support the bone metabolism and prevent the progression of disease.
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol.
- Bone fracture, back pain, stooped posture -The loss of calcium weakens the bones and makes them more susceptible to fracture. Also the spine (vertebrae) can weaken at the point that they crumple causing characteristic stooped posture. The bone becomes so porous to the extent that a fall, a cough or lifting a heavy object may cause a fracture of the back bones and cause back pain. Pravalapanchamruta, Pravala bhasma are used to help low bone density especially menopause and elderly and regulate the calcium, phosphorus and bone metabolism to give stronger, healthy and mineral rich bones. Laksha, Lakshadi guggulu, Ashwagandha enhance calcium deposition on bones. It helps to increase the bone strength. It helps in deposition of calcium at the right place in the body.
- Support the bone metabolism and prevent the progression of disease - Bala, Nagabala, Arjuna will provide strength to the bone.It will balance Vata dosha.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other therapies - Abhyanga(oil massage), Basti (enema), Kati Basti (An external Ayurvedic treatment of localized application of medicated oil used in a particular region on the back), Shashita shali pinda sweda Virechana/Purgation therapy (cleaning digestive tract and purifies blood), Vasti (enema) to reduce inflammation and cleanse the system, Shashtika shali pinda sweda (a type of fomentation), Lepa (type of therapy wherein paste of drug is applied to the affected part)