Treatment protocol aims at:
- Adjusting metabolic processes by reducing Ama and the excess fat /body weight.
- Strengthen the digestive and tissue fire and clear body channels.
- Rejuvenate the whole body and treat the complications.
- Regular intake of supplements give a long term relief from all metabolic disorders, in the form of herbs and herbomineral preparations
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors and proper Ahara (diet), Vihara (lifestyle management) . If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol.
- Shunthi, Maricha ,Pippali, Chitrakadi vati helps to correct the fat metabolism and digestion by correcting the agni.
- Kanchanara guggulu helps to remove the excess fat from the body (weight loss) and also reduce the back pain associated with obesity.
- Medo pachak vati and Rasona remove the excess fat particles from blood and also remove the obstruction from the blood vessels. Helps in weight loss.
- Haritaki and Arogyavardhini vati helps to rejuvenate the whole body and help to maintain the normal body functions.
Excess glucose in the blood also weakens the immune system and the person becomes more prone to infection and result in symptoms like Increased thirst and urination, fatigue, vision problems
- Asana, Guduchi, Mesashrngi , Methi, Jambu beeja - stimulate the production of insulin and strengthen the pancreas, further keeping blood glucose levels in check.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
According to associated conditions like hyperlipidemia,Hypertension, Diabetes, respective treatment protocols can be followed.
Other therapies - Virechana/Purgation therapy (cleaning digestive tract and purifies blood), Udwarthana, Vasti (enema).