Treatment protocol aims at:
- Relief from all sleeping issues and provide good sound sleep.
- Preventing and reducing the complication of insomnia by muscle relaxation and calm downs the nervous system, and relief from stress.
- Rejuvenating the whole body and preventing further attack.
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol.
- Stress, irritability, anxiety, difficulty paying attention, focusing or remembering - Stress, anxiety and underlying problems should be addressed as it will lead to Insomnia. Jatamansi, Tagara, Mandukaparni and Brahmi will help to manage the stress, improve learning and ease depression. Sarpagandha acts on the central nervous system and prevents the violent panic attack of insomnia.
- Daytime tiredness or sleepiness, waking up during night or too early - frequently being in a heightened state of alertness can delay the onset of sleep and cause rapid, anxious thoughts to occur at night leading to sleep deprivation and tiredness. Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Suvarna makshika will help manage stress, boost brain function and strengthen the body.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other therapies - Virecana (Purgation) , Abhyanga (body massage), Padabhyanga (foot massage), shiroabhyanga (head massage) with medicated oils. Shirodhara (Pouring medicated liquids (milk/ water/ oils) on head medicated liquids, Pichu (application of cotton soaked with medicated oil over head, Takra dhara (Pouring medicated buttermilk all over body).