Treatment protocol aims at:
- Reduce mucus inflammation in the nose.
- Reduce the complications of the Hypertrophic turbinate.
- Boost the immunity of the body.
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol.
In response to viral or allergic infection the body tries to combat by releasing a natural chemical known as histamine.
- Histamines boost blood flow in the area of your body that causes inflammation in the airways and nasal cavity resulting in Altered sense of smell, Nasal congestion and Runny nose when it produces too much mucus. Guduchi, Tankana, Surasa, Yasthimadhu will help to treat the inflammation all excellent for all respiratory system diseases. It will also heal and repair the tissue and clear the nasal cavity..
- Untreated turbinate hypertrophy can cause more problems like difficulty breathing through their nose. This makes it hard to get restful sleep and open the mouth for breathing resulting Dry mouth. Shwasakuthar Rasa is helpful in all breathing issues.
- A person may also experience frequent sinus infections resulting in pressure pain in the forehead and face. It can be managed with the help of Vacha
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other therapies like - Kshara Pratisara karma , Swedana.