Treatment protocol aims at:
- Relief from pain associated with Hydronephrosis
- Enhance normal functioning of the urinary system
- Rejuvenate the whole body and Protect kidneys from complication of hydronephrosis
Hydronephrosis is usually treated by addressing the underlying disease or cause, such as a kidney stone or infection which result in swelling and painful urination
Flank pain is associated with the kidney because of shared nerve connection.
- Varuna is helpful in urinary tract strictures and kidney stones.
- Gokshuradi guggulu, Punarnava and Chandraprabha vati reduce the inflammation, also effective in reducing the swelling and painful urination.
- Inflammation results in rise in temperature and fever, manage by Guduchi
Nausea and vomiting happened because of shared nerve connections between the kidneys and GI tract
- Godanti, Pravalapanchamrutha are effective in this condition.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
In cases of severe blockage and hydronephrosis, excess urine may need to be removed using either a catheter to drain urine from the bladder or a special tube called a nephrostomy that drains urine from the kidney. The key to treatment is to get it addressed as soon as possible in order to avoid any permanent damage to the kidneys.