Treatment protocol aims at :
- Giving relief from pain, itching and inflammation which causes extreme discomfort in haemorrhoids.
- Treating inflammation of the inflamed veins of the anal canal, prevention of complications and improving overall digestive health and peristalsis so that recurrence of haemorrhoids can be prevented.
- Regular intake of supplements to cure hemorrhoids in the form of herbs and herbomineral preparations
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors.If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol:
1. Digestive issues such as bloating, loss of appetite and indigestion happens due to unhealthy diet, lifestyle. It should be treated with Balharitaki, Surana, Pravalapanchamrutha.
2. Constipation and swelling around the anus - In this stage you should manage the condition with Sonamukhi and triphala which normalizes the intestinal transit time and acts as natural laxatives. It also helps to heal and repair tissue and prevent occurrence.
3. Bleeding, pus discharge, itching and irritation- Due to hard stool or straining, the swollen veins may burst which cause bleeding, taking Aragvadha, Suranvatak, Amruthadi guggulu, Nagakesara will arrest the bleeding and prevent the attack of secondary microbial infection causing pus discharge, itching and irritation.
Step 4: Heal the skin around the anal canal due to bleeding or infection - Kamadudha and Suranvatak helps in healing.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other treatments - Sitz bath,Herbal application or kshara,Cauterization, or agnikarma