Treatment protocol aims at:
- Giving relief from infection and maintaining the normal texture of the nail.
- Prevent recurrence by healing and repairing the tissue.
- Regular intake of supplements can help in long term relief and maintaining overall health.
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol:
- Nails with thickened whitish to yellow-brown discoloration brittle, crumbly or ragged, distorted, foul smelling nail - When the nail gets infected, it becomes thick, brittle, discoloured or may even fall off. Khadira, Manjistha, Sigru, Vidanga will arrest the growth of fungus, which is anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory.
- Skin infection, itching, red and swollen - Fungus can spread to nearby skin areas and can cause infection. Triphala guggulu, Sarive and Karanja will heal, repair the skin tissue and treat the infection.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)