Treatment protocol aims at :
- Relief from pain, numbness and weakness
- Prevent progression of disease
- Rejuvenate the degenerated connective tissue
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol.
- Pain Stiffness in shoulder and arm pain - occurs due to inflammation, scarring, thickening and shrinkage of the capsule that surrounds the normal shoulder joint. Gokshura, Punarnava, Mahayogaraja guggulu and Trayodashang guggul will help to heal the inflammation in joints and bring down pain in the joint and to improve flexibility
- Rejuvenation of degenerated connective tissue - Ashwagandha, Jatamansi, Tapyadi loha strengthen the whole joint structures and prevent degeneration
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other therapies - Abhyanga(oil massage), Basti (enema), Virechana/Purgation therapy (cleaning digestive tract and purifies blood), Vasti (enema), Nasya ( Herbal oils are applied through the nostrils) Lepa (therapy wherein paste of drug is applied to the affected part). Pichu (Cotton swabs soaked in hot oil applied to the affected part), Sudation therapy with - Herbal Poultice (Pathra podali pinda sweda), Shashtika shali pinda sweda.