Treatment protocol aims at :
- Giving relief from pain, abscess and bloody pus discharge which causes extreme discomfort in the fistula in ano.
- Healing the fistula tract and prevention of complications and improving overall digestive health and peristalsis so that recurrence of fistula can be prevented.
- Regular intake of supplements to cure fistula in ano in the form of herbs and herbomineral preparations.
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol.
1. Pain and pus discharge, frequent anal abscesses, irritation of skin around anus - Bacteria, fecal matter or foreign material get clog around the anal canal causing inflammation and abscess resulting in pain, irritation, pus discharge, Aragvadha, Suranvatak, Amruthadi guggulu will check the infection and heals the inflammation.
2. Heal the skin around anal canal and manage the pain with bowel movement - During bowel movement certain pressure is excreted by the anal canal .Due to inflammation of the anal canal and skin around it, this process become painful. Kamadudha and Suranvatak helps in healing especially the inflamed fistula tract and also helps to reduce the pain with bowel movement.
3. For fever and tiredness: Inflammation and infection might result in increase in temperature and fatigue, Pravalapanchamruta should be given to treat fever and reduce body heat (Pitta).
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other treatments - Sitz bath, Herbal application or kshara, Cauterization, or agnikarma