Treatment protocol aims at:
- Treating inflammation of the skin and maintaining normal texture of the skin.
- Prevent recurrence by healing and repairing the tissue.
- Regular intake of supplements can help in long term relief and rejuvenating the whole body.
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol:
- Dry cracked scaly skin with itching and reddish to brownish grey patches of skin - all these skin conditions are the result of skin inflammation and overreaction of the immune system. Avipattikar churna, Panchatiktaghruta guggulu, Aragvadha, Khadira, Sariva, Manjistha will help to check the infection and heal the inflammation also help to purify the blood and balance the doshas thereby improving immunity.
- Skin with small raised bumps which leak fluid - Chitrakamula, Haritaki, and Nimba remove toxins from the body and heal the skin. It prevents the recurrence by rejuvenating the cells.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other Therapies: Virechana/Purgation therapy (cleaning digestive tract and purifies blood), Blood letting therapy.