Treatment protocol aims at:
- Maintain normal glucose level in blood by normalising the metabolism.
- Prevent the complications of DM.
- Regular intake of supplements to cure diabetes in the form of herbs and herbomineral preparations
- Treatment is on both the digestive as well as the mind with the aim of providing long-term relief.
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then should consider the following treatment protocol.
In diabetes, glucose from the blood cannot enter the cells due to either a lack of insulin or insulin resistance – so the body can't convert the food you eat into energy.
This lack of energy causes fatigue or weakness and also causes increase in hunger.
Excess glucose is built up in the blood so kidneys are forced to work overtime to filter and absorb the excess glucose resulting in Excessive thirst and urination. Excess glucose in the blood also weakens the immune system and the person becomes more prone to infection.
- Asana, Guduchi, Mesashrngi , Methi, Jambu beeja - stimulate the production of insulin and strengthen the pancreas, further keeping blood glucose levels in check.
- Constipation, blurred vision, burning sensation and numbness in hands and feet are because of damage in the nerves of the respective area. DM can lead to nerve damage and stiffens the arteries, narrowing of blood vessels, this will increase the risk of wound and delay the process of healing. Fluctuations in blood glucose can result in rapid mood changes, including low mood and irritability.
- Haritaki, Amalaki, Bibhitaki together known as triphala are effective in controlling blood sugar level and also helps to cure constipation, promote good digestion, enhance vision and also helps to boost our immune function and also protect the body from frequent infection.
- Ashwagandha, Chandraprabha vati helps to increase the overall health of the body and rejuvenate the mind and body.
- Guduchi and Asana are helpful for curing the burning sensation.
Other therapies - Abhyanga (oil massage), Udwarthanam (Powder massage), Basthi (medicated enema), Takra dhara , Dhara Shiro dhara, Shiro Basthi, Thalapothichil, Thalam, Nasyam.