Treatment protocol aims at:
- Relief from all depression related symptoms.
- Preventing and reducing the complication of depression by calming down the nervous system
- Rejuvenating the whole body and preventing further attack
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol.
- Mental and physical symptoms - Changes in the brain have an effect on many of the body's systems. For example, abnormal functioning of brain messengers (neurotransmitters) such as serotonin can alter your pain threshold. People with depression often report digestion problems, inflammation. Depression changes the brain’s response to stress by suppressing activity in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and adrenal glands. Jatamansi, Mauktik bhasma, Mandukaparni, Manasamitra vati and Brahmi will help to manage all stress, calm down the nervous system, improve learning and ease depression
- Sleep deprivation and other symptoms will result in Weight loss, loss of sleep and Fatigue. Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Suvarana makshika will help manage stress, boost brain function and strengthen the body.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)
Other therapies - Virecana (Purgation), Abhyanga (body massage), Padabhyanga (foot massage), shiroabhyanga (head massage) with medicated oils, Shirodhara (Pouring medicated liquids/milk/ water/oils on head, Pichu (application of cotton soaked with medicated oil over head, Takra dhara (Pouring medicated buttermilk all over body). Yoga , Meditation, Counselling.