PCOS(Polycystic ovary syndrome) is a hormonal disorder which is very common among women of reproductive age. It is characterised by the increase in the male hormones, androgen and enlarged ovaries with multiple cysts (hence the name polycystic). It is also one of the main causes for infertility. The disorder accounts for 30% of all infertility cases with 73% of women suffering from PCOS experiencing infertility due to an-ovulation.
In cases where PCOS has been diagnosed, in modern science - there is no cure, managing the symptoms only. Contraceptives is the only answer prescribed by gynaecologists. Contraceptive pills are the most common option that is used to manage the symptoms. Synthetic hormones or Hormone replacement therapies can artificially stimulate the menstrual cycle and can have negative impact on health when consumed for a longer duration.
Ayurveda treats PCOS from their root cause. The root cause here is imbalance in our bodies biological elements: vata, pitta and Kapha and accumulation of toxins; all these because of certain diet and poor lifestyle. This leads to obstruction in the reproductive channel.
FMH personalized supplements made up from a combination of best suited natural herbs and formulations can help regularize hormones, also help to address your symptoms and maintain physical and mental health and create inner harmony, also useful as a fertility booster.
Multi-action herbs in PCOD personalized supplement gently heals your body from inside.
- It removes toxins 'ama', and purifies blood.
- Balances the hormone
- Normalises the menstrual cycles and improve blood flow
- Provides strength and stamina to the whole body
- Rejuvenates the female reproductive system and support mental health.
FMH supplement also helps to minimize the long term side effects of hormone therapy. This PCOS supplement is given for a minimum 3 cycles along with guidance on diet and exercise.
Diet recommendation for PCOS
- Avoid all sugary foods and artificial sweeteners.
- Reduce salt intake during menstruation.
- Increase the consumption of fruit & vegetables.
- Choose whole grains, which contain all parts of the grain.
- Non-vegetarians take Protein foods such as fresh fish, whole grains and legumes should be eaten to balance your blood glucose levels.
- Limit the intake of saturated fats that are found in red meat, chicken, commercially prepared snack foods and deep fried food.
Lifestyle Recommendations for PCOS
- Manage stress and anxiety. Reducing stress can help balance your hormones.
- Stay well hydrated by drinking 1.5 – 2 litres of filtered water daily.
- Perform moderate exercise of 45 min daily
- Practice alternate Nasal breathing – Pranayama
Thus, personalised herbs for PCOS not only control PCOS; it also helps in restoring health and well-being.