Treatment protocol aims at:
- Clear obstruction from blood vessels and maintaining normal cholesterol (lipid) level.
- Prevent the complications associated with atherosclerosis.
- Prevent further occurrence of condition by improving blood flow.
The first line of treatment should always be avoiding the causative factors. If the problem persists then consider the following treatment protocol.
In atherosclerosis it causes narrowing and hardening of the arteries.The complications of atherosclerosis depend on which arteries are blocked.
- When atherosclerosis narrows the arteries close to the heart, you may develop coronary artery disease, which can cause chest pain (angina), a heart attack or heart failure and pressure in chest
- Arjuna - It is nature's boon for treatment of Atherosclerotic vascular disease. Cardio protective properties of this herb help to strengthen the heart muscles and also clear the obstruction from blood vessels
- Atherosclerosis of the extremities is a disease of the peripheral blood vessels that is characterized by narrowing and hardening of the arteries that supply the legs and feet. The narrowing of the arteries causes a decrease in blood flow and may have signs and symptoms such as sudden numbness or weakness in your arms or legs.
- Ashwagandha offers the overall health benefits. This herb is quite effective to maintain a healthy cholesterol level, blood pressure level in the body.
- If it affects the brain arteries it results in difficulty speaking or slurred speech, temporary loss of vision in one eye, or drooping muscles in your face. These signal a transient ischemic attack (TIA), which, if left untreated, may progress to a stroke. If atherosclerosis in the arteries leading to your kidneys it develops high blood pressure or kidney failure
- Brahmi is also considered as an effective herb to manage the symptoms of Atherosclerotic vascular disease and supports good heart health. Sankhapushpi is also another important ingredient for the treatment of Atherosclerotic vascular disease. It helps in the dilatation of blood vessels and maintains the good blood supply throughout the body.
(The above mentioned Ayurvedic drugs are Herbs and Herbomineral preparations)